Sunday, November 11, 2012

The roaming gnome is lucky he doesn't have to deal with travel companions.

   I'm finally home. After a week away. I missed it. The trip I just went on did NOT go well, and I can honestly say I never want to find myself so far from home and my boys again. Unfortunately, Brandon starts his new job in Boise. Meaning he's spending the week days with his mother until we can get his car fixed. He's also spending week nights there. Cooper and I are alone for the week. So after a week away from my man meat, I still have to go to bed by myself for the next work week. NOT PLEASED.
   When I got home, I was welcomed to fresh brownies and an almost clean house, and I got to give my son all the love he missed out on while I was gone, all at once to catch up. I think I've been driving him a little mad. I don't know what I would do without him. Brandon gave me catch up love, too, but not enough to get me through the week. I'm craving some physical connection to remind me I'm human. Still, I suppose there's not much to be done but to trudge on and look forward to him coming home for the weekend and hopefully more. I'm rather frustrated by my life tonight, but I think it's simply the exhaustion talking. I have not gotten enough sleep. I keep finding myself nodding off.
   After eating nothing but fast food for a week, and what Denny's calls red velvet cheesecake bites (more on those in a bit), I was craving salad. So that's just what I made Coops and I for dinner tonight. It was delicious. Full of veggies, as any good garden salad ought to be, topping with croutons and ranch dressing... it was perfect. We watched Cars 2 while we ate and I thought about some things to sort out and to let go of. I sometimes need a reminder to let go, and a deep breath and a bowl of salad after a week of hellacious travel seemed to be just the trick.
   As for Denny's... they have utterly failed in making red velvet that came close to red, rich, or chocolaty. It was basically white cake batter dyed pink with food dye, then deep fried. This is unacceptable. The white chocolate chips and terrible attempt at icing only added to my disappointment. Denny's: Come on, guys. You're better than this. WE'RE better than this. I think I need some space.
   Anyway, I'm off to bed, I think. I feel like a little old lady as it's only just before 8:30, but I'm tired and ridiculously lonely, so off to bed I hop. Except I can't sleep in my huge bed all by myself, so more like, off to couch I hop.
   Goodnight, internet.

P.S. I suppose I DO make a nice squirrel scarf after all. rofl.

No comments:

Post a Comment