Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Falling so far behind!

Lately I've been dealing with some crud and it's sapped a lot of my energy. Couple that with Cooper skipping naps all week, and I'm burnt. I'm falling so far behind, and desperately need to get caught up. My house is a wreck right now. I'm getting really sick, so Cooper and I have spent the last two days on the couch, eating English muffins with jelly and watching movies. I did some laundry yesterday, and made a big pot of soup for dinner, but I feel like I could sleep for the next 2 days and still be tired.

I wish I still lived close to Morgan. I used to help her clean her house and drop in to fix dinner from time to time, and eat with their family. It was good for Cooper to get that kind of interaction, and we didn't mind helping out. And when I was overwhelmed or sick, she would do the same. I'm closer to her than any of my sisters, and it's hard living so far away from her without a vehicle. Her car was totaled over a year ago, so she has to rely on using her dad or brother's car to come over, and they aren't available often. I guess I'm just missing having a support system living here.

I am literally embarrassed to have people in my house right now. Cooper's toys are everywhere, and the counter is cluttered with dirty dishes. I can't wait for Brandon to get home so I can take a long shower and do a few loads of dishes. We're going to clean this weekend. Deep clean. Brandon is going to hate it, but I need some help these days. It's only for a little while, and then I'll be back to myself.

I've got dinner on the stove now. I took a break from writing to do a load of dishes and start cooking. Tomorrow is payday, so I'm hoping we can order some pizza or get some burgers or something. I'm craving red meat so badly right now. Burgers would be perfect. Ooh... and fries. I want the largest fry I can get. I want to dip them in a chocolate shake.

It's been a long time since we've had a little wiggle room with our money, and I don't want to do anything drastic, as far as splurging goes, but I would like to have fast food or pizza for dinner one night. Something we don't get often. I'm a big foodie, and between Brandon and I, we always eat great food, and most of our friends eat at our house every chance they get, but sometimes a girl needs something greasy and gross and deep fried.

Cooper has been eating peach oatmeal for snacks, and we've gone through 5 dozen eggs in a month. I love eggs. I can't wait to get groceries so I can make devilled eggs. SOOOO yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment