Saturday, April 20, 2013

There's this little tiny detail...

...that no one seems to understand: I am a HUGE dork. I get really excited, I express myself fully, often forgetting that I should use a social filter.
   I've been stressed. This weekend I got a string of great news, and I'm feeling much better. I also got Girl Scout cookies. And the mother helping her daughter sell them gave me her number and asked me to call her so we can hang out. We have a lot in common. She has a two-year-old daughter as well as the older one selling the cookies, I have a son the same age. We're both 28 weeks pregnant. We go to the same midwives. We're both pretty awkward and giggly. It was nice to meet someone that didn't think I was a total spaz, especially another mother. Most moms think I'm a weirdy. I let my son have princess sippies and wear capes and MLP stuff in public and encourage my son to ask a million questions and never shut up. I wear my bun off to one side of my head and I smile too much, too big, and I wear bright colors and I'm as loud and energetic and random as my toddler.
   I was positively giddy at the prospect of a new mom friend in my area. I still don't have many friends here. It's a bummer. I get kind of lonely. Brandon was laughing at me. What started as me never being able to say no to a Girl Scout, especially one peddling Samoas and Thin Mints, turned into me having an awesome conversation with a perfectly sweet stranger. It was lovely. And her little girl was sassy. It was adorable. She didn't cut my darling husband any slack. We bought 3 boxes of cookies, and she got a cream soda out of him. It was perfect.
   I'm in love with my impossibly handsome man. He's great. He drives me insane, but he's the best man in the world. And his hair looks really awesome today. I want to do horrible things to that man, later. Right now though, I'm going to fall asleep to some true crime documentaries about killers.

No comments:

Post a Comment