Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The joys of motherhood.

   Well, I'm healthy. I have to go get blood work done on the 3rd to be sure, but so far, so good. I'm gaining weight a little too fast, but I was below the healthy weight recommendations for my height anyway, so I'm just going to slow down my eating and remember that for every toaster streudel and milkshake I shove in my gob, I could be eating a tomato sandwich on five seed bread with a glass of orange juice ran through blender with frozen berries and a side of soup (I love clam chowder!). I was told I need to eat more protein rich foods, so I'm also going to find more ways to squeeze that in. I'm not a big meat eater. I'm content with a little bit, one meal a day. I get pretty anemic sometimes and I forget how important getting enough iron is. It would help explain the headaches and drowsiness lately. I get so caught up in other things I forget to take really good care of myself, starting with what I put in my mouth.

   I'm pretty careful about making sure Cooper eats balanced meals, but I rarely eat with him as I use the time to accomplish other stuff, like a load of dishes or taking a shower while I have a spare minute. I tend to get his meals or snacks ready, and pop something fast in the toaster or microwave for myself that I can eat one handed in a couple of bites. I think I'm going to start eating what and when Cooper eats. That should help me get back on a healthy track. I realized yesterday that the only MEAL I eat during the week is dinner. I spend so much time cooking and preparing food, and I don't eat. It's not ok anymore. It's a bad example for Coop and I need to be healthy. I can find that extra 20 minutes to get stuff done elsewhere.

   Speaking of eating, I'm hungry. I think it's time for lunch. Cooper and I are going to sit down and have lunch together today. I'm going to make roast beef and swiss sandwiches with tomato and avocado on tasty five seed bread, and parmesean pasta. Ooh, and milk. We drink a lot of milk around here. Probably too much. We drink about a gallon a day total.

   Dinner tonight will be chicken tortellini caesar salad, left over pasta, and smoothies. My son deserves the best, so that's what he's getting. I'm going to be healthier so I can stick around for a long time, and he's going to grow up in a home where eating right and taking care of oneself is a priority, because I want him around for a long time, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment