Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Whiny butt!

   That is what I have been calling my child in my head. Outwardly, I'm normal and it's business as usual, but inside I'm contemplating eating my child. He's just been so discontent lately. He's been whining about everything. EVERYTHING. He wants a banana? He whines about wanting a banana. He is cold? He whines for a blanket. I keep asking him why he's so cross, but he doesn't know. It's been DAYS of this. It's getting to the point where I'm not acknowledging him until he speaks to me like my sane, reasonable baby. I know he's only 2, but he's never been a whiner, and I would really prefer to encourage good behavior, so when he's calm and asks nicely he gets rewarded with my attention and the things he is asking for.
   I've been wondering if he's tired or something, and have tried getting him down for his naps and to bed on time, but he just stays up and plays anyway. It's been frustrating. I'm seriously hoping it's just another weird phase.
   I'm sleepy. I'm really hoping Cooper takes a nap today so that I can as well. I stay up so late with Brandon and then wake up with Cooper, and I'm just pooped. My wonderful husband drinks Redbull at work, but I can't have a ton of caffeine, so I'm pretty much SOL. I should really just start going to bed without him at night so I get a reasonable amount of sleep. Cooper is back on a normal schedule, so he wakes up pretty early, around 8:30 most days. I stay up with Brandon until one or two AM most nights. Before I got pregnant, that was enough. Now it's not. Time to adjust.
   Allergy season is upon us! Seasonal allergies are the pits. On the plus side, that means the best season is right around the corner. I am so excited for summer. I want to go swimming and eat sno-cones. I want to take my kiddo to the park every day, at any given time of day. I want to go camping and fishing this year, since I don't start classes again until fall. I'm going to do a semester online so I can be home with my babies and still get stuff done to work for the future. It's going to be hard, but doable.
   Baby has been moving a lot lately. Still nothing like Cooper did. Brandon hasn't even been able to feel it yet, and we're at 24 weeks, 3 days. It's getting closer and closer, and we're so far behind where I wanted to be as far as being prepared. It's upsetting. I think for Brandon it's scary to start buying things and setting everything up. It becomes more real. We need to have everything ready, though. We need to save for the baby furniture and start planning on buying the big ticket items that I KNOW no one is going to get for the baby shower, assuming anyone gets anything. If they don't, that's ok, but I plan on waiting to get the little stuff until after just in case we do get some of the stuff on our registry. I'm getting pretty stressed out about having everything accomplished.
   I don't think I'm going to get to have a garden again this year. Which is unfortunate. It's not the end of the world, but it bums me out. I wanted to grow heirloom tomatoes and other veggies, strawberries, and maybe some melons, herbs, and lots of peppers. Not going to happen, I think. We need the money elsewhere, and I'm basically starting from scratch since I lost most of what little gardening stuff I had in all the moves. I'm hoping I can find some cheap planters and go for it anyway, since the last time I had a garden it just wasn't up to par and I need a fresh start and love making things grow. I've never been into flowers, but I LOVE growing things my boys can eat. We ARE getting a grill this year. And some patio furniture, probably from the Youth Ranch or something. I want to make use of the front porch. It is the house's best feature, and in the evenings it's cooler out there than inside, so having a little grill and place to sit will make dinner time a lot less painful. I see many a grilled chicken, kebab, burger, pizza, and other various delicious meals we can come up with in our future. I was thinking about hanging some mesh fabric over the open "windows" on our porch and getting a screen door from my dad to keep the flies off the porch. It wouldn't be difficult to do, and it would make summer much more pleasant.
   My son is being a cranky boy, so it's time for me to get off the computer and do something fun with him. I'm thinking make cookies or maybe color.

No comments:

Post a Comment