Sunday, March 31, 2013

Whoot!

   I don't get to sleep in. I'm not sure why. I'm a morning person, I guess, and the dog wakes me up to be let out even if I try, so sleeping in for me is *usually* no later than 9:30. Today I woke up at 9, let Ray out, got him some food, ate a snack, and whipped up some raspberry white chocolate meringues to take to the Easter potluck. They are in the oven drying out as I write this. I did two loads of dishes, and started getting ready to go. It's only 11 right now. Productive morning so far.
   Brandon is lucky, he is capable of sleeping in when he doesn't have to work. He's always been a night owl though. I much prefer to be in bed no later than 1am, and he'll stay up until dawn. Last night we were up until 3ish watching The Watch, which was awesome. It was so silly and just entertaining.
   Cooper is on his way home. We have a bunch of Easter goodness for him. We're not religious, but we celebrate the holidays for fun anyway. I love any excuse to spoil my baby. He is such a good baby, after all, and he deserves to be spoiled and doted on and loved to infinity and back. I feel like I can never give him enough good food, praise, hugs and kisses, or trips to the park.
   I just got back from welcoming my Cooper home. He ran up to me and said, "I missed you Mommy!" Then he plopped down on my lap in the middle of the walkway to the porch and told me all about his Easter at his grandparents and about Buzz Lightyear. When we finally made it inside he ran into the bedroom and started screaming, "Daddy, wake up! It's Easter Bunny! Wake up, Daddy! I missed you!" It was pretty much the perfect start to the day. We opened all of his Easter stuff and he sampled everything, and shot us with his new water gun. Now he and Brandon are in the shower getting all clean for the potluck. This may very well be the best Easter I've ever had. I'm so glad I have that little boy. He makes everything so fun and exciting. Cheap plastic eggs filled with candy and stickers? HOLY CRAP THEY ARE AMAZING! Hahaha!
   I'm going to go style my hair and do a little make-up. Winter is over and I feel so pretty in the sun, so I'm going to play on that today and just feel good and have a fantastic day with my boys.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day to me. Happy Easter to you, Brandon and Cooper!! I love you all. :)

    ReplyDelete