Thursday, May 9, 2013

Getting ready for the shower!

   It feels really early to be starting on getting everything ready. I was going to order everything, but instead I'm making almost everything by hand. So I've decided to work on one project a day until I have all of the decorations and favors done, that way I have enough time and I don't get frustrated or rush or feel pressed for time. Last night I decided to make the pennant banner. The one I was going to order was made on burlap with fabric block letters. It was simple triangular pennants on twine, and it was one long sign and the pennants were really small. It fit across a fireplace mantle. It was $18 before shipping. I'm so glad I made mine. It's big and it's pretty and it turned out really nice. I made it on card stock with twine. I have a picture. It took me about 3.5 hours to make it from start to finish.

   I'm going to have a photo booth area at the baby shower with some other props, and the banner is going to be in the tree as part of that. I am making the other props today. I'm making different mustaches and bows, hats, and glasses out of card stock and attaching them to sticks so people can mix and match props and have some awesome photos. I want lots of pictures for the baby scrapbook and I want to blow a group shot up poster-sized for the nursery area. I made a lot of photo crafts when Cooper was a baby, and I love being able to look back on everything now. I don't really like traditional scrap books, but I made cool frames and collages and I plan on doing the same for this baby. 
   Brandon talked to his mom about helping out with the food instead of getting us a baby shower gift, and she has graciously agreed to help, so that's one less thing I have to worry about. Brandon heard back about a job today. I can stress just a tiny bit less. I'm hoping he gets it and can start working soon enough that we don't fall behind, and can maybe even get the cloth diapering stuff. That would be amazing.
   Brandon and I have been playing LoL a lot, and I finally got the guts to play ranked duo queue. Turns out I'm actually pretty good at it. I've lost one of seven games. The rest were all wins. I have 3 ranked games left to play before I'm placed in a division. I'm really excited to be making progress. I'm still not as consistently good as Brandon, but I can hold my own in his division, so I'm pretty stinking proud of that. I want to get to gold before the baby is born.
   I'm off to clean the house, now. It's getting messy. I don't like that. I think I'm entering the nesting phase. I want everything clean, I feel like arranging the furniture, I want to have everything ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment