Thursday, May 2, 2013

I should be asleep.

   Brandon's had to go into work ass early lately, and when he gets ready for work I wake up and can't go back to sleep. I'm so tired at this point. I just want to sleep in. Cooper wakes up in about an hour and a half, and I could be zonked out, and I want to be, but I try and try and even though I'm pooped, I just can't fall asleep. I'm ready for someone to hit me in the head hard enough to knock me out just so I can get some rest.
   I'm at the point in my pregnancy that is just uncomfortable. I'm up and down all night going pee, I still toss and turn because my hips get sore, and I'm lugging around an extra 28 pounds all on my front so my back is a little bit angry at me. On the plus side, I'm 29 weeks, 5 days today. I had a midwife appointment yesterday, and once again I was told I'm right on track. Lately all of my appointments have been with Kelly, which I love. She's just got this personality that makes me comfortable. All of the midwives are great and I love them dearly, but Kelly is my favorite. My next appointment is on my birthday. Kelly and Danielle put a reminder in the notes because they are absurdly sweet and didn't want to forget.
   Baby Poa has been moving a lot lately. Still not as hard as Cooper did, but really active. It's been nice. I love feeling little waves of movement and sudden little kicks and rhythmic hiccups and gentle rolls. It's neat. It's comforting to feel my sweet baby, strong and so very alive. It's one of the few things about pregnancy I enjoy. I'm not one of those women that likes being pregnant. This is my respite from all of the things I would complain about a lot more if I focused on them. I already whine quite a bit on here, so having a positive point of focus the rest of the time is awesome.
   I'm going to try one more time to get a little more sleep before I have to get up and do dishes and go get more driving stuff out of the way. I need to pick up my permit today, pay the driving school, schedule my driving classes, and contact my insurance company about getting the car insured next week so I can take the test and get my license. I'm really nervous to be just starting out driving with a toddler. I don't want to make a stupid mistake that could hurt my son. Which is why I'm now, at 23, taking driver training. Every little bit of instruction and practice I can get before I put my kid in the back seat is going to help me feel better about driving. I need to feel like I am competent enough to put my kiddo in the back seat and not kill or injure him.

No comments:

Post a Comment