Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sign rampage.

   I'm they type of girl that is not in the least afraid to express myself when I'm feeling a certain way. I'm also not one to filter my emotions. When I feel something, I go for it, man. It's the only way to live. When I'm sad, I cry. When I'm shocked, I gasp. When I'm happy, I sing and laugh. When I'm angry, I get confrontational. Every time though, I prefer to talk it out, and the words with which I express myself tend to be just as big as the physical projections of my emotions. I've been called melodramatic. People have misinterpreted my words as more than what they are. I'm not intentionally dramatic, but I've tried holding back and holding stuff in and it doesn't feel good. It feels like no one knows ME. So I just invest myself completely. I cry at movies sometimes. And books and music.
   Anyway, all that being said, I try really hard to be sweet to people when they are upset, and I internalize it when people get angry, so my feelings get hurt and I start to doubt things and try to improve. Brandon has called me a doormat. I've been working on that for a while. I guess it has not been enough though. People I would generally call my friends come over and are complete assholes. I make a meal, and they yell about the timing. They wake up late and demand I make them breakfast after we've all eaten. They complain about kid noise. They leave filth all over my house. I've tried talking to them. I've tried pleading with them. I've tried being patient. I'm over it.
   Next time they come over, things are going to be different. That's right, I'm going all nose to knee* on these bitches. We'll go round and round until they improve their attitudes or dump my family and I in the dirt and take off running. I've already let them know that I'm done being just upset, and I'm to the point of mad now, and when I'm mad I don't back down.
   I've put up friendly reminders in certain rooms to remind them of the common courtesies they have been neglecting, and if they fail to pay attention to them, they can leave. I'm not asking much. Scrape plates before dropping them in the sink because we don't have a dishwasher. Throw garbage in the trash instead of leaving it on the floor. Say "please" and "thank you" when you want something done instead of demanding and expecting. And if you're nasty to my kid because he's being a kid, I'm going to let him eat you.
Zombie Cooper likes to eat jerks.
   Now that all that unpleasantness is aside, HAPPY NEW YEAR! It's going to be a great big one for us, full of awesome moments, I'm sure. I hope everyone has a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment